Cosin’s Library Project
Cosin’s Library is one of the earliest public libraries in the North East of England. Hidden in the heart of Durham, the library was founded in 1669 by Bishop John Cosin to give local people access to ‘good books’. Over the last few years, the library has been closed for conservation work, but we are about to reopen. With funding from Arts Council England, we want to make sure that the library and its collections are more accessible and enjoyable than ever before.